[MiNT] patch help

Hello everyone!

OK, here is the problem:

I have Kay's old PPPD diffs and Howard's newer diffs.  Kay's diffs
patch the Makefile of chat and pppd, but Howard's diffs only fix
pppd itself (it includes Kay's diffs plus Howard's own ioctl for
115K modem).

How do I patch Kay's diffs to include Howard's pppd diffs,
but also leave Kay's chat diffs intact in his unified diffs?

Sorry if the above seems confusing.  Here's table:

   KAY'S DIFFS:  Makefile, chat pppd

HOWARD'S DIFFS:  pppd (Kay's pppd diffs, plus new ioctl stuff)

  WANTED DIFFS:  Kay's Makefile and Chat diffs, plus Howard's
                 combined pppd diffs.

How do I use patch to accomplish this?  patch --help is foobar,
so there's no point in telling me to read that. ;-)

Thanks to anyone who can solve this.

--
Martin-Eric Racine        http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The ATARI TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/