Re: [MiNT] is that expected from Secure Level?

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Frank Naumann wrote:

> Hi Kellis!
>
> > I set (with mintsetter) the Secure level, up to 2.
>
> Secure Level 2 is not supported yet. All programs must be recompiled with
> a recent MiNT-Lib version.
oh ok, that was su from original kgmd.

> > Then If I try to run the prog su, it will just crash.
>
> Are you sure that it crashes? I mean it's aborted by kernel as an
> illegal system call (securelevel 2) was made.

yes, su crashes, or the bash right after.
Not the kernel etc, everythnig is fine..

pid 116 (bash): BAD SYSTEM|CALL: User
PC=0|(basepage=1B85BA0,|text=1449220, data=1B85CA0,|bss=1B89C88)
That's my /tmp/alert.log
You are right, crashng (nicely) or aborting :) still looked like a crash
to me :)

Thanks.