Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib Non-Bug

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 10:41:17AM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Guido Flohr <gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de> writes:
>
> |> The problem arises only from the manner in which time_t values get
> |> calculated.  If you don't consider leapseconds you will get a value
> |> which is currently 21 less than values calculated with leapseconds
> |> properly handled.
>
> If you want to conform to POSIX you *must* ignore leapseconds.  I think
> applications where you really need leapseconds are rather rare.  And the
> best solution is to get the time from a time server anyway.

via xntpd which is not yet implemented ... ;-)

I'm already convinced. I've changed it (I probably loved those
leapseconds too much, made MiNT look so professional).  BTW, this
is and was configurable by the end-user, same mechanism as in
the GNU libc but with a different default.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/