Re: [MiNT] Sparemint announcement

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 10:57:16PM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> > >I have the same problem at work, but I guess that's because of our proxy
> > >and firewall. I have no problems at home, except that Frank's site can
> > >be extremely slow sometimes.

You have no problems at work because CAB will not attempt to download the
cascading style sheet sparemint.css. ;-)
sparemint.css was not world-readable, that was the problem.

> > With Cab I'm most of the time unable to reach the sparemint pages.
>
> I can reach them fine, but always get a dowenload error, so I use
> 'wget' once I know the URL.  Wget always works and never times out.

And besides, wget attempts to "reget" to continue aborted downloads.

What are these download errors?  General problem or does the connection
time out?

Apologies for any problems with the server.  Frank has already installed
NetBSD (instead of Linux) because that is known to handle heavy server
load better than Linux (not to speak of MiNT), but the "server" is still a
486, don't expect too much.

Mikka has promised to see if it is possible to mirror Sparemint on
nic.funet.fi but this is not yet possible.  If there is anybody else who
has the possibility to mirror Sparemint, you are welcome. :-)

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/