[MiNT] Re: re: MiNT: virtual addressing

Ulrich Kaiser wrote:
>As you pointed out in another mail, you were only talking about virtual
>addressing, not swapping. How big is the chance to extend virtual addressing
>to virtual memory one day? Have you already analysed the OUTSIDE 3.5 demo?
>You can use the TT-Digger disassembler
>(http://people.a2000.nl/hrobbers/Homepage.html or
> http://people.a2000.nl/hrobbers/)
>for analysing OUTSIDE, because it knows all PMMU commands.

Actually, I working with Eddy Morfan, who has a preliminary(?) virtual
memory setup for MiNT (correcty me if I'm wrong, Eddy).  Virtual
addressing will in no way exclude virtual memory.  In fact, it
should make its implementation easier, as there will no longer have
to be one-to-one mapping of physical memory and logical memory.

Michael White (michael@fastlane.net)