[MiNT] plip with Linux

Hi,

the plip for MiNTNet is incompatible with the plip for Linux and so it is
currently impossible to use the parallel line for a point-to-point ip
connection between MiNT and Linux-i386.  From what I know it is impossible
to implement the full Linux plip on Atari hardware because of missing
hardware functionality of the Atari parallel line interface.

I had the idea, that if the Atari cannot implement the Linux plip it
should still be possible to implement Atari plip under Linux.  Petr
Stehlik's parccp proves that parallel line communications is basically
possible to i386 hardware.

I actually wanted to try it out myself but after a look into the sources I
soon realized that it would probably take me a lot of time to do that, I
didn't understand a lot of it, neither on the MiNTNet nor on the Linux
kernel side.   Is there anybody out there who would manage to write that
driver for Linux?  If properly done this would also be a good thing for
m68klinux I guess.

Ciao

Guido
--