Re: [MiNT] GnuPG

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 16, 1999 at 02:56:47PM +0100, Jo-Even.Skarstein@gjensidige.no wrote:
> Has anybody tried to compile GnuPG yet? I was planning on doing it myself
> but my Gcc-setup is messed up ATM (I upgraded without reading the docs...).

Yes, I did. I could compile it (including support for MiNT's new
/dev/random) but it crashes right away.  It looks like it requires some
heavy debugging.

In fact it doesn't crash, it rather emits an error message "assertion such
and such failed in malloc.c".  This is a MiNTLib message but as far as I
could track down the problem, it is not really the malloc module that
causes the error but rather some other part of the program which
overwrites internal malloc structures.

It would be very helpful if some enthusiast tried to get it working, not
only for the program but also for finding the bug (and tell us if it is a
MiNTLib bug).

If anybody is interested, I can send the patches that are required to
build the package.

Ciao

Guido
--