Re: [MiNT] boot folder name

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999 22:48:04 +0200 (MET DST), Martin "Nightowl" Byttebier wrote:

>Hello Odd,
>
>on Sat 18-09-1999 21:44 you wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 18 Sep 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
>
>>> I prefer "mint" personally.
>>>
>>> This leaves "multitos" free for MultiTOS ("setenv AESDIR c:\multitos"
>>> could be defined in MINT.CNF if necessary, if AES 4/4.1 needs it).
>>>

>> I would prefer "mintboot". Because the only reason to change the current
>>behaviour would be to make it easier for newcomers to understand/install
>>MiNT. So, in that respect, "mintboot", IMO fits the purpose best, because
>>it kinda explains itself. "Where does MiNT boot its driver/filesystems,
>>configuration from?"... "Oh yeah, mintboot!" ;-)
>
>As a common user I wonder why this must chance. Right now I've a good
>working MiNT'98 setup. A few days ago I did an attempt (I didn't try very
>hard though) to use 'mint' instead of 'multitos' but somewhere/somehow the
>miNT'98 packet expects/needs multitos so I'm stuck for the moment.

If you suddenly change your 'multitos' foler name to 'mint' then
make sure before you do you check the paths in your mint.cnf.
Specifically the INIT= line, cause I did as you but failed to
remember I had this INIT= set to run init.prg from 'multitos'
thus it halted right there.  ;-)
Atari Computer User: Lonny Pursell        E-Mail: atari@bright.net
WWW: http://www.bright.net/~atari/       IRC: lp @ #Atari @ IRCnet