Re: [MiNT] boot folder name

on Sun 19-09-1999 08:44 Lonny Pursell wrote:

>>As a common user I wonder why this must chance. Right now I've a good
>>working MiNT'98 setup. A few days ago I did an attempt (I didn't try very
>>hard though) to use 'mint' instead of 'multitos' but somewhere/somehow the
>>miNT'98 packet expects/needs multitos so I'm stuck for the moment.
>
>If you suddenly change your 'multitos' foler name to 'mint' then
>make sure before you do you check the paths in your mint.cnf.
>Specifically the INIT= line, cause I did as you but failed to
>remember I had this INIT= set to run init.prg from 'multitos'
>thus it halted right there.  ;-)

Thanks, but this wasn't the prob. You see I've used the MiNT '98 CD to
install the whole thing. That package creates on multitos also a dir
called 'bin' This dir holds some scripts and some executable like 'grep',
'sh' and 'rm'. The whole c:\multitos is linked to /usr/multitos.
Now when I rename 'multitos' into 'mint' I get a warning at boottime like
this:
u:\c\mint\bin\fscheck.sh : grep: command not found
And a little further after loggin in when I try to launch NAES with the
command 'naes' I get something like this:
[1] Stopped   naes
That's it then.

Hmm, wait a minute did I say c:\multitos symlink to /usr/multitos?
So when I symlink c:\mint to /usr/mint it should work, right?
I'm right back........
Yes it works, at least fsck does his work but still I can't launch NAES.
The only way to get it up and running is to maintain the 'multitos' dir on
my bootdrive. A little bit silly as it holds only a file called
'naespath'. The rest is on the 'mint' dir now.

CU
Martin
--
O-Tagger ß1.24: "Your mouse has moved. Windows NT must be restarted for the change to take effect. Reboot now?"
              ***** Greetings from Okami Newsreader *****