Re: [MiNT] Ethernet bug fixed

On Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 10:16:55PM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Then, explain why I get nearly zero error with that enabled, while
> I would normally get an equal number of in-errors to my out-packets
> when it is disabled?

Because your NIC has SQE-chacking enabled, which means that every packet
that is *not* acknowledged by the SQE pulse (a short collision signal) is
considered not sent, since the external tranceiver seems to be faulty.

You should notice that these packets are in fact sent fine and received at
the other end without problems. All other faults which are detected by the
NIC during or before transmission should not lead to a correct packet being
sent.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen