Re: [MiNT] Ethernet bug fixed

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Michael Schwingen wrote:
(a technically more precise description of what SQE really does)

> When attaching an external tranceiver to a hub/repeater, you need to turn
> off SQE, since they will treat this as a real collision, and will either
> consume bandwith or completely lock out that port (late collisions are not
> allowed).

Then, explain why I get nearly zero error with that enabled, while
I would normally get an equal number of in-errors to my out-packets
when it is disabled?

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk