Re: [MiNT] RE: PPP/LAN

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:57:42 +0200 (CEST), Robert Krenn wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
>
> > I've heard that those have crossed wires and should work as nullmodems,
> > from LAN to LAN, but nobody has been able to confirm this.
>
> The Mac printer cable (8-pin Male MiniDIN to 8-pin Male MiniDIN) IS a
> crossed cabel, I'm not sure if it has the correct cables crossed though.
>

> Macintosh to Imagewriter II Cable
> DIN-8 Male DIN-8 Male
> 1 ---> 2
> 2 ---> 1
> 3 ---> 5
> 4 ---> 4
> 5 ---> 3
> 6 ---> 8
> 7 ---> 7
> 8 ---> 6

Translated:

Handshake out         --> Handshake in
Handshake in          --> Handshake out
-Transmit             --> -Receive
GND                   --> GND
-Receive              --> -Transmit
+Transmit             --> +Receive
General Purpose Input --> GPI
+Receive              --> +Transmit

Looks correct to me :-) I guess it's time to dig out that printercable
I know I have somewhere and try it out.

Anders, how do you run pppd? I guess you use the "passive"-option in
both ends, but what when the session ends? Do you have something that
restarts it automatically?

/*
**
*/