RE: [MiNT] which tty?

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:36:43 +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> > This is a complete mess though, e.g. the TT have five different
> > serial-ports, all of them with different (and mostly undocumented)
> > characteristics.
>
> What parts are undocumented?  All of them are pretty clear to me.

Have you *read* your TT's manual? ;-)

> PS:  I personally use the original GEMDOS device names, because
>      using tty names is about as cryptic as it gets.  Human-
>      readable device names are more user-friendly.

I prefer this as well, but "/dev/modem2" and "/dev/serial2" doesn't tell
me much on my Falcon when the ports are labeled "Modem" and "Lan"...

However, using ttyX, cuaX etc. makes it easier for scripts and applications
to find serial-devices, AFAIK there's no way to ask a device if it's a
serial-port.

/*
**
*/