RE: [MiNT] which tty?

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> > > This is a complete mess though, e.g. the TT have five different
> > > serial-ports, all of them with different (and mostly undocumented)
> > > characteristics.
> >
> > What parts are undocumented?  All of them are pretty clear to me.
>
> Have you *read* your TT's manual? ;-)

Yep.  The diagrams at the end clarify it, though not the baudrates.

> However, using ttyX, cuaX etc. makes it easier for scripts and applications
> to find serial-devices, AFAIK there's no way to ask a device if it's a
> serial-port.

You could use the same call on /dev/modem1 as on /dev/ttya.
How the device is called should not make any difference.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk