RE: [MiNT] which tty?

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Daniel Pettersson wrote:

> > > Computer | Devicename | Connector | Speeds | Handshake | Driver
> > > ---------+------------+-----------+--------+-----------+-------
> >
> >       Falcon    modem1    n/a            ...19200    hardware    MFP
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by software handshake, but if you install a
> modem1 in a Falcon you can not attach hardware control lines to it,
> those pins on the MFP are allready used.

Right, I remember now.  Like MFP-TT then.  Only send/receive?

> > M-STE/TT/Falcon serial2   LAN       38k4,57k6,115k2  software    SCC
>
> LAN has CTS iirc, and if you build a LAN -> rs232 converter hsmodem
> allows you to use DTR as RTS, meaning hardware handshake. (as if things
> weren't complicated enough :-)

Atari LAN
---------

1. handshake out  (RS422 DTR)
2. handshake in   (external clock)
3. -TD
4. ground
5. -RD
6. +TD
7. general purpose input
8. +RD

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk