Re: [MiNT] directory for config files.

On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 07:48:21AM +0000, John Blakeley wrote:

> An idea has occurred to me, writing this. What about, if we had a
> compile-time option for the kernel, -DDISTRIBUTION, or something. This, if
> defined, would limit the search path to '.' for mint.cnf and *.x??. This
> would be simplicity itself, to implement into the current kernel. Under

Since we want to limit the loading to "." and the directory mint.cnf is
found in (whichever of the two this is), this might be done using a command
in mint.cnf (provided mint.cnf is parsed before loading the XDDs). Frank?

That way, we need no special kernel, and you can turn this behaviour on/off
as you like. The only question is what should be default when nothing is
specified in MINT.CNF - I would opt for the 'only mint.cnf directory'
approach.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen