Re: [MiNT] 1.15.3b woes...

> You can get back vcons and some other stuff by inserting the lines "exec
> u:\bin\sh /etc/rc.boot" and "exec u:\bin\sh /etc/rc" in your mint.cnf.

That will start the vconsd, but it won't actually run anything on the
vcons.

> And
> possibliy (I never tried it because I cannot use vcons) you have to find a
> way to start a getty for each vcon...

Exactly. :-) Init does this, and if you want to run vcons without init,
you need the program "runtt" (in the manual described as "the poor man's
init") to start a getty (or anything else) on the vcons. I don't know
how runtt works because I never used it and I don't have it here to
try.. I will use it though, when I'll be experimenting with MiNT, an AES
and as much functionality as possible on a 4mb STe. :)

Maurits.

---

iMac - Whinegums without the taste