[MiNT] CT2 and MiNT, solved...?

Well, my fastram now works. As Anders suggested, it was a bug in the
flashbios which prevented my machine from booting up when the fastram
was installed. I mean go figure.. that software comes from the people
who flame mint, caf and hddriver for their bugs and instabilities. And
they manage to do the one big thing everyone fears: Putting a bug in the
bios that prevents the Falcon from booting at all. Oh well the current
flash version works, you just have to know that in order to boot the
system (so that you can upgrade the flash) if you have that screwed bios
installed, you have to remove the fastram chip. I was lucky to have
installed the bios first and then the fastram. :)

Back to the buserror problems. Another suggestion by Anders was that it
was actually NVDI 4 causing them. Indeed I had noticed buserrors in NVDI
now and then (so before MiNT), and this started happening more and more
often. With fastram installed the buserrors occurred a lot less (so
probably indeed something to do with the stram), and since I upgraded to
NVDI 5 I haven't had a crash yet. (That's a big "yet" though). :)

So, looks like the only problem remaining is that most of my games have
screwed sound (both in turbo and normal mode) since the ct2 was
installed. But I won't trouble the MiNTlist with that. :)

Btw, MiNTos with a 50MHz 14/64MB Falcon and n.aes in TC rulez...:))

Maurits.

---

iMac - Whinegums without the taste