RE: [MiNT] Re: which tty?

Replying to myself here..:)

> > ...which is why a "translation-table" (physical port -> /dev/name) is
> > needed...

> Yes but the tty* names are made up in mint.cnf and can be anything.

Hang on, you meant agreeing on a translation and then using it from now
on? Well that of course leaves the problem of compatibility with old
setups..;)

> Of course, if one really wants to make a configuration script using
> /dev/tty*, all that is needed to solve the problem is to ls -l the
> /dev/tty? files. :-)

Then again, KGMD by default MOVES the original device names to the
"ordentliche" ones, and then it is symlinked back. So this doesn't work.
It does the other way around though, it's just slightly more
complicated. :) Only if the symlinks aren't created at all it won't
work.

Rah, I'm really for it to forget about those tty names and tell users to
just remove those mv's and ln's on the serial devices from their
mint.cnf. :-)

Maurits.