Re: [MiNT] Detecting dialup connections

> I don't mind...
> I think it's a good thing if we keep SOMEthings to be compatible to linux
> a.o.

But why THIS thing? :) Linux doesn't even keep it compatible with itself
(changing the device names from version 2.1 to 2.2), and every other
Unix has it's own names for the ports again. So I don't really see a
reason to follow Linux here.

I don't think there's any unix app that doesn't let you configure the
filename of the serial device it should use, so *nix compatibility won't
be a problem anyway. And as there is a certain set of different serial
ports for the Ataris we all know, it seems to me to be a good thing if
you can easily see what ports you're dealing with. (Didn't mintnet also
give device-specific names to ethernet nodes?)

Maurits.