Re: [MiNT] which tty?

OK - Fast Serial reports I have a AMD AM85C30-ESCC
[This matches the chip markings which also tell me it is a 10mHz part]

Things I wonder are:

[1] Just because Fast Serial reports it as a ESCC... what does that mean.
Could Fast Serial be doing a flawed test?
(One of the programs in the package just reports I don't have a MSTE or TT)

[2] HSMODEM docs seem quite specific as to what is considered 'ESCC'.
I suspect a more likely explanation is that there are a variety of
enhancements made to SCC by different manufacturers and all dubbed 'ESCC'.
HSMODEM is presumably written to take advantage of the enhancements in the
particular chips it mentions.

[3] Is there any reason to use Fast Serial instead of HSMODEM on my
machine?

Incidentally, when I had the Falcon open I looked at how difficult it would
be to cut the pins and hand solder the part.
(The AMD chip is surface mounted).
I reckon I can probably do it with my soldering iron - though I wouldn't
like to think what might happen if the big overdue Tokyo earthquake hits us
while I'm doing it ;-)

--
Regards,

Oliver