Re: [MiNT] which tty?

On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 04:37:29PM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Anyhow, about replacing the SCC, yes, it is worth it, but it requires
> professional pcb retouching equipment (hot-air desoldering station,
> wave soldering equipment) and excellent skills.

Good soldering skills: yes. Special equipment: No.

Hot air desoldering is nice, but you can also cut along the pins of the PLCC
package with a sharp knife (at the top, where the pins enter the case - and
make sure not to slip and cut traces on the PCB), and then desolder pin by
pin. Clean the pads using solder wick, solder in a PLCC socket and off you
go. A friend used this method a lot to remove the codecs.

Although I am not sure if this is really worth the effort for an ESCC in
many cases.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen