Re: [MiNT] which tty?

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Oliver Skelton wrote:
> I was planning to replace my SCC with an ESCC sometime in the Falcon.
> Have many people done this? Does it also require consideration here?

Surprisingly, most Falcons (and late-production TT) are equipped with an
ESCC, even though the chip itself might have an SCC model number on it.

Try booting with Fast Serial, instead of HS-Modem, and see which chip
it finds in its bootup message.

Anyhow, about replacing the SCC, yes, it is worth it, but it requires
professional pcb retouching equipment (hot-air desoldering station,
wave soldering equipment) and excellent skills.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk