Re: [MiNT] directory for config files.

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Guido Flohr wrote:
> Other thread: Should the kernel ignore drivers outside of the mint.cnf
> directory? IMHO, no.  Maybe tool A manages drivers in /boot/mint whereas
> tool B manages drivers in /boot/multitos.  Why disappoint B?  It would
> make sense to avoid loading the same driver twice tho.

But this is just plain sloppy: having two utilities that perform the same
functionality, on different directories, without knowing what 'the other'
is up to. This is what we should be striving to avoid. And we want to
avoid confusion. I'm sorry, Guido. I disagree completely with your
example.

Two utilities, that work on the same directory, to achieve the same end,
yes, but not two utilities, that work on different directories, without
knowing it, no. Just imagine this applied to the Channel Tunnel! ;-D

Salut/.

J/.
__
John Blakeley