Re: [MiNT] directory for config files.

On Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 09:52:54AM -0400, Katherine Ellis wrote:
> > > absolute path of
> > > I thought about something like that, but simpler, just a global env.
> > > Like MINTCNF or MINTPATH or such.

The environment may get clobbered by init and init like programs.  I
would prefer the Ssystem opcode (but please don't return a pointer, fill a
user supplied buffer).

> > > (I am thinking that most of the "program" needing this will
> >
> > I'm just curious: Why would any program/script need to know this??
>
> As always, any call by itself doesn't seem important, It is only when you
> need it and don't have it that you start swearing :) (jk)

I agree.  Installation programs, syntax checkers, tools that look for
performance penalties might be happy.

Other thread: Should the kernel ignore drivers outside of the mint.cnf
directory? IMHO, no.  Maybe tool A manages drivers in /boot/mint whereas
tool B manages drivers in /boot/multitos.  Why disappoint B?  It would
make sense to avoid loading the same driver twice tho.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/