RE: [MiNT] directory for config files.

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 Jo-Even.Skarstein@gjensidige.no wrote:

> > > How about a new extension to Ssytem(), that returns the
> > absolute path of
> > > mint.cnf, and possibly a list of *.x?? that were loaded?
> > I thought about something like that, but simpler, just a global env.
> > Like MINTCNF or MINTPATH or such.
> > (I am thinking that most of the "program" needing this will
>
> I'm just curious: Why would any program/script need to know this??

As always, any call by itself doesn't seem important, It is only when you
need it and don't have it that you start swearing :) (jk)

Anyway, why? well I don't know, for example, a better install package, a
more clever debuging setup tool, RPM installation might need it, and etc.
I do not believe it is a superflous call (or env, whichever), Not like the
atari TOS which has few of them not quite necessary..