Re: [MiNT] directory for config files.

----< snip >----
> I'm just curious: Why would any program/script need to know this??

It occured to me that this might be useful for diagnostics. When, all
around you, the wheels are falling off (commonly used phrase when talking
about the computer systems here at work!), there is nothing more
reassuring than knowing that the config files you think you are using, are
actually the ones that you are. And then, if, in mint's case, where
modules (read drivers - *.x??) loaded during boot are not visible in the
process list, it would be potentially useful to know what's loaded,
especially if they could be loaded from potentially 3 locations...

Salut/.

J/.
__
John Blakeley