Re: [MiNT] directory for config files.

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, John Blakeley wrote:
> If c:\mint and c:\multitos exist, and there are different drivers in
> each, are all the device drivers in BOTH directories loaded before

That is the first sensible justification I have read so far, for
eliminating any of the traditional loading paths.

> Would it not be sensible to limit it to the path of the
> first found, mint.cfg?

Simple, elegant, backwards-compatible.  I'm buying.

> How about a new extension to Ssytem(), that returns the absolute
> path of mint.cnf, and possibly a list of drivers that were loaded?

It would be usefull also, if those drivers' version could be read
through that command, to enable creating smart upgrade scripts not
dependant upon the RPM database.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk