Re: [MiNT] directory for config files.

I would suggest that the current search algorithm is fine, that is '.',
'c:\mint', whatever.

The fact that it searches the current directory is useful for
installations. K[EG]MD used '.', I'm not sure about TAF, or the other
'old' one. I would like it if the installation I'm progressing with could
rely on this feature.

I, personally, wouldn't mind loosing 'c:\multitos' form the search list.
Let that directory be purely for Atari AES. N.AES likes to use c:\n_aes I
believe.

One question, though:

If c:\mint and c:\multitos exist, and there are different drivers (*.x??),
in each, are all the device drivers in BOTH directories loaded before
c:\mint\mint.cnf - which I assume will be the one loaded?

If this is so, would it not be sensible to limit it to the path of the
first found, mint.cfg? i.e., ignore any *.x?? outside of the directory of
the mint.cnf being used. So in the above example, only load from c:\mint.

Suggestion:

How about a new extension to Ssytem(), that returns the absolute path of
mint.cnf, and possibly a list of *.x?? that were loaded?

Salut/.

J/.
__
John Blakeley