RE: [MiNT] getmntent

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Detecting whether a medium is there will always require drive accesses which
> might be slow when nothing is in.

Is there any way how to make the check of empty drive faster? BTW I
thought all drives with removable medias contain a hardware detection that
allow them to report "empty" state even without seeking with the heads for
several seconds. Any chance our harddisk drivers wouldn't use such
information?

> Diagnostic XHDI messages shouldn't appear in a production binary...

So HDDRIVER 7.12 contains diagnostic informations? I'll ask Uwe about it.

Thanks.

Petr