Re: [MiNT] a possble solution to hiding TOS drives in u:\

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, Maurits van de Kamp wrote:
> As long as it doesn't break anything, so do I. :) I think it's best that

The only program I've ever used that likes to use u:\e\some\deep\path is
the shell for LHA - forget what it's called, and that STILL lets you
access e:\some\deep\path as well.

> everybody tries for himself what works, it all comes down to which old
> programs you use that might cause problems. It's a bit dangerous to let an
> installer do this by default though. :)

Ah! I didn't have my distribution-maintainer/installer writer's hat on
then :-)

Back to $Subject: how about we all test this and see what it does break?
It's broken nothing on my box yet. (I did 'ren u:\c  u:\boot' in my
mint.cnf for a while, and that didn't break anything either: NVDI,
Everest, and a few other apps still continued to work fine).

Salut/.

J/.
__
John Blakeley