Re: [MiNT] boot folder name

> >> I prefer "mint" personally.
> >>
> >> This leaves "multitos" free for MultiTOS ("setenv AESDIR c:\multitos"
> >> could be defined in MINT.CNF if necessary, if AES 4/4.1 needs it).
>
> As a common user I wonder why this must change.  A few days ago I
> did an attempt to use 'mint' instead of 'multitos' but somewhere /
> somehow the miNT'98 packet expects/needs multitos so I'm stuck for
> the moment.

So has it been for the AES and a few things, which is why MiNT should
still look up multitos/ not to break compatibility.  The way I use:

     XDD, XFS, MINT.CNF in mint/
N_AES.SYS and N_AES.CNF in multitos/

I'm also keeping GEM.SYS and GEM.CNF in multitos/, just in case I need
to run something on AES 4.1 for a test.

One thing that _could_ be eliminated is looking up in auto/ and
the root path, as long as mint/ and multitos/ are maintained.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk