Re: [MiNT] boot folder name

Hello Odd,

on Sat 18-09-1999 21:44 you wrote:

>On Sat, 18 Sep 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

>> I prefer "mint" personally.
>>
>> This leaves "multitos" free for MultiTOS ("setenv AESDIR c:\multitos"
>> could be defined in MINT.CNF if necessary, if AES 4/4.1 needs it).
>>

> I would prefer "mintboot". Because the only reason to change the current
>behaviour would be to make it easier for newcomers to understand/install
>MiNT. So, in that respect, "mintboot", IMO fits the purpose best, because
>it kinda explains itself. "Where does MiNT boot its driver/filesystems,
>configuration from?"... "Oh yeah, mintboot!" ;-)

As a common user I wonder why this must chance. Right now I've a good
working MiNT'98 setup. A few days ago I did an attempt (I didn't try very
hard though) to use 'mint' instead of 'multitos' but somewhere/somehow the
miNT'98 packet expects/needs multitos so I'm stuck for the moment.

CU
Martin

--
O-Tagger ß1.24: There's nothing a concentrated phaser blast can't solve.
              ***** Greetings from Okami Newsreader *****