[MiNT] directory for config files.

Hi Guido!

GF>Why should that be error-prone? If you put the wrong statements in the
GF>wrong file the kernel emits a warning and proceeds.
Emm...
Emitting an error message is something you should do if an error occured.
And this occuring may be the result of something being error-prone but not a
reason why something is not error-prone

GF>No, sorry, complete disagreement.  mint.cnf resembles a lot to a (C)
GF>shell script and that's not by accident.  And a shell script has a
GF>sort of flow control.  It is both error-prone and confusing if a
GF>statement in line 100 gets evaluated before a statement in line 50.
I know that mint.cnf has sort of flow control. That's why I said that it has
to be documented which statements are independent from flow control.
Another solution for that problem could be that the "initial statement" have
to appear before any other statement

BTW: I don't mind to have two config files, but I think that would deter
(some) people from (changing to) MiNT because it looks another little bit
more like unix (which is "known" to be unconfigurable because of it's loads
of cryptic config files)

Bye

                Joerg