Re: [MiNT] directory for config files.

Hi!

On Thu, Sep 30, 1999 at 07:23:57PM +0200, Thomas wrote:
> I want to say, that I fully agree here with Guido. I am using a boot
> selector program (XBOOT) that complains every time I change the Name of the
> MiNT executable, e.g. when I want to enable memory protection and I rename
> mintnp.prg to mint.prg, XBoot complains that mintnp.prg is missing...

Well, that's easy to solve: have both mint.prg and mintnp.prx in your
Auto folder and only enable one of them. IIRC, XBOOT has an option to
link two entries, i.e. that upon activating one, the other gets
automatically deactivated, and vice versa.

> And in a mintboot.cnf, we could also determine where MiNT should look for
> the mint.cnf, so that ./ , mint/ and multitos/ problem would be solved!?!

Well, having MiNT look for this file (mintboot.cnf) in \auto of the
current drive only would be an idea, and it should only allow stuff you
can also achieve with MiNT's command line parameters (though, IIRC,
there's currently none to specify a mint.cnf to read). If there's no
such file, behave as usual. Command line parameters override the
settings in that file.

Thus, one won't need that file, but using it could improve configuring
some things.

Ciao

Thomas

--