Re: [MiNT] About GCC 2.9.1

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 05:17:12PM +0200, Francois Le_Coat/mailaxis wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I recently downloaded the GNU CC 2.9.1 version, and I have a problem.
> It seems that this version relies on the SpareMiNT distribution
> and Minix or Ext2 file system. In fact, it seems that some paths
> have been "coded hard" during compilation. I have my proper instalation

The paths are exactly as "hardcoded" as for other platforms.

> of MiNT on my HADES 060, with some elements of KGMD TAF and various
> elements taken from FTP (umich ...) and CDROM (Complete MiNT ...).
> I work on TOS file system. I tried to install GCC 2.9.1, like I
> installed 2.8.1c before, but I can't manage with that new version.
> I can't do anything with those hard-coded paths. Is there's
> a way to do something on TOSFS.

Have you tried to set some environment variables?  At least the gcc 2.8.1
docs (I hope it is not changed) document the following:

	TMPDIR (default /tmp)
	GCC_EXEC_PREFIX (default PREFIX/lib with PREFIX usually /usr or
			/usr/local)
	COMPILER_PATH (a little bit like PATH but for finding subprogs)
	LIBRARY_PATH (also colon-separated, default PREFIX/lib)
	C_INCLUDE_PATH
	CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
	OBJC_INCLUDE_PATH (for the headers)
	DEPENDENCIES_OUTPUT (for make dependencies)

Maybe this helps.

Ciao

Guido
--