[MiNT] Security again

Hello,

this little program crashes MiNT instantly, when ran from any user
account. The memory protection does not help.

#include <signal.h>

int main(void)
{
	long x;

	signal(SIGBUS, SIG_IGN);
	for(x = 0;;x++)
		*(char *)x = 0;

	return 0;
}

The reason for the crash is obvious - there are RAM areas, those belong to
the operating system, but have global access attribute. Can we discuss
possible solutions to avoid that?

My first question is, can we consider putting TOS TSR programs (loaded
from AUTO before MiNT) into Supervisor memory, instead of the Global? And,
can we put the Cookie Jar into Readable memory? That last one assumes no
clean MiNT program will put entries into the Cookie Jar... risky
assumption, I'd say, as NAES does. Does the NAES use system calls do put
the Jar entry? Is the NAES entry in the Cookie Jar really necessary, btw?

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@atari.org                  |  Atari Falcon030 user   |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.