Re: [MiNT] directory for config files.

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Michael Schwingen wrote:

> > If in your /c/auto you have mintnp.prg
> > It will look for mint.cnf IN /c/mintnp/ folder (same for the xdd etc).
> >
> > If your /c/auto has minttest.prg for the kernel filename, it will look
> > into /c/minttest/
>
> I think both an extra mintboot.cnf and reading mint.cnf twice are better
> solutions than this proposal.
>
> To me it seems that the separate mintboot.cnf (which can then modify the
> mint.cnf location and name) would be the most flexible solution.

What's wrong with everyone using ./ or mint/ as it is currently?
Both of the above would needlessly complicate things, IMHO.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk