Re: [MiNT] New signal SIGPWR - Power failure (restart)

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Thomas Binder wrote:

> Erm, have you looked at bios.c, dos.c, slb.c and xbios.c?
> They all contain at least one line "raise(SIGSYS)". I
> wouldn't call that "never generated by the kernel" ;)

That's what I thought.

My overall comment:

Although I also would like PWR support added, I would prefer if
everybody stopped mocking around with the old GEMDOS error codes.

MiNT is first and foremost a GEMDOS enhancement, not a full OS,
so it ought to retain expected, documented GEMDOS features.

<DOH ON> Already, the incorrect error codes in 1.15.4b kernel are
a problem, because you cannot expect 15 years of features to be
trashed completely, based on new ideas. Answering that "old apps
will have to be patched and recompiled" is a lame cop-out for not
respecting official documented API's. </RANT OFF>

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk