Re: FW: [MiNT] Best CAB.OVL for MiNT-Net? (fwd)

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Michael Schwingen wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 03:32:28PM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> > > If you have a Mach64 gfx card, you might not make my tools work,
> >
> > I don't know how Mach64 is addressed on Hades but on Afterburner we have
> > to set the address space of Mach registers to a certain state - something
> > like Serialized, Write Through or something like that.
>
> Nocache, serialized (which is the same setting and functionality as nocache,
> precise on the 68060). It is generally a good idea to set this on *all* IO
> regions - otherwise, the 68040 may reorder eg. read/write/read-sequences
> into read/read/write, which may have a completely different result if the
> write changes the behaviour of the second read.

 Yes. But this can be configured at will with the set_mmu.prg, and this is
the setting I have in the example configuration file (mmusetup.cnf). Only
thing I can think of are the trasparent translation registers (ittx and
dttx). These are set to cachable - writetrough on 0x80000000 to 0x80ffffff
(PCI Memory Base = $80000000 in the Hades)  then this might be the
problem.

 Martin, if you read this, try changing the itt0, itt1, dtt0 and dtt1
lines to yield $0. This will turn off transparent translation. I vaguely
remember we did test this once...

 Regards,

 Odd Skancke - ozk@atari.org