Re: [MiNT] SIGPWR

On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, Thomas Binder wrote:

> Linux 2.0.x and 2.2.x have only 32 signals (one is SIGUNUSED),
> as in MiNT.

I never bothered checking the Linux signal list, so perhaps you
can answer something for our common benefit:

1) Which signals are different between Linux and MiNT?
   Any signals that Linux has but MiNT doesn't (or vice versa)?

2) Is there anything that prevents us from switching to the same
   signal list?  Would it be simply a matter of recompiling utils
   or would it break compatibility, in regards to documented MiNT
   errors (e.g. Atari Compendium)?

PS:  I recall your preliminary tests showed SIGPWR could safely
replace SIGSYS (or whichever signal it was), but my question is
really, how far can we safely go into using the Linux list?

Thanks.
Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk