Re: [MiNT] SIGPWR

On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Guido Flohr wrote:

> Signal lists are architecture dependent (in fact the list
> above is taken from linux-i386,

The relevant one to check would have been Linux 68k....

> > PS:  I recall your preliminary tests showed SIGPWR could safely
> > replace SIGSYS (or whichever signal it was), but my question is
> > really, how far can we safely go into using the Linux list?
>
> You have answered that yourself a while ago.  You cannot just remap
> signals.  If you change something you have to take care.

Given this answer and the explanation that followed, especially
adding Mario's observation about how he handles UPS on his Lintel
box, I completely oppose to the replacement of the SIGSYS signal
by SIGPWR.  Put it back in.  Thanks.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk