Re: [MiNT] About GCC 2.9.1

Hi!

> In fact I finally succeded in compiling my program. But there
> was strange things that I noticed. First the path are "hardcoded"
> but I could cope with it.

I don't understand. Which hardcoded paths do you mean? If you refer to the
internal compiler error, this is a completly other thing and has nothing
todo with hardcoded paths.

> Second, it always failed during assembly
> stage. In fact, the tempory asm file "luyfluyf.s" was erased before
> it was loaded by the "as" assembler. The solution I found is to
> compile with the "-S" option, producing a "eureka.s" file. Then
> to assemble with the "-c" option, to generate an object file
> "eureka.o".

This looks strange for me. Please post the exact command line. I think
there is something wrong with GCC calling command.

> The third thing was that I linked with the binutil 40 "ld"
> (from 2.8.1) because the 2.9.1 version was unable to find
> the "crt0.o" file, though it was in the correct path.

I strongly recommend to use the new binutils. If you have problems it's
mostly a configuration problem from your side. For example: you can't use
old style libraries with the new binutils. You must first convert your
libs.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--