Re: [MiNT] About GCC 2.9.1

Hi,

Guido Flohr wrote :
>The paths are exactly as "hardcoded" as for other platforms.

That's what was strange for me, because I used to indicate
includePath from "-I" option, and libraryPath from "-L"
option. It doesn't seems to work anymore.

>Have you tried to set some environment variables?  At least the gcc 2.8.1
>docs (I hope it is not changed) document the following: ...

Yes that remains unchanged. Thanks for your kind advice ...

In fact I finally succeded in compiling my program. But there
was strange things that I noticed. First the path are "hardcoded"
but I could cope with it. Second, it always failed during assembly
stage. In fact, the tempory asm file "luyfluyf.s" was erased before
it was loaded by the "as" assembler. The solution I found is to
compile with the "-S" option, producing a "eureka.s" file. Then
to assemble with the "-c" option, to generate an object file
"eureka.o". I had to rewrite my makefile.
The third thing was that I linked with the binutil 40 "ld"
(from 2.8.1) because the 2.9.1 version was unable to find
the "crt0.o" file, though it was in the correct path.

At the end, I finally succeded to build a version of Eureka
(my program) with 2.9.1 version of GCC.

You will agree that it was not as simple as it should be.

Thanks for all your replies.

Bye for now ...

-- Francois LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org
mailto:lecoat@atari.org