Re: [MiNT] NFS problem

Hi!

On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 01:55:10PM +0200, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> It is, when the question is phrased strangely.

What is so strange about asking whether you are accessing the mounted
filesystem as root on the remote computer?

> The /home hierarchy is mounted by root, but accessed by users.

OK, then no_root_squash isn't the reason. Without this option, the NFS
server automatically maps requests from uid 0 to an anonymous uid, so
that root hasn't got unlimited access to mounted filesystems.

> I never run MiNT in debug mode.  Anyhow, Frank's kernels
> are compiled without it, nowadays, so that voids it.

Mhmm, then try to compile it yourself. If you're interested in solving
the problem, that's the least you can do to help.

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de