RE: [MiNT] Was: /proc, will be: /sys

> OK, so why not just define a new file attribute combination for the SLB
> instance, and this is it?

The only problem is that there are some rules implemented (like +a are
stopped processes etc) and I am afraid of inventing something that breaks
these. Otherwise, what about $25 for a lib? Gryf?

> I think that if we really want that SLBs are written for both MagiC and MiNT
> (I do!), then
>
> - there should be a single document describing possible differences between
> the different implementations (that's why I wrote a manual page in the first
> place), and
>
> - the implementations should be close enough so that the average programmer
> actually *will* come up with SLBs working everywhere. The restriction that
> was mentioned before (path searching) might be a problem therefore.

I think the implementations are close enough, with the notable except of
the path search. As I think now about it... the library startup code works
as a separate process (for a while, i.e. before it stops itself), so it is
both inside and outside the kernel. Anyway, it is user mode... so perhaps
the library startup stub could do the search (hum, must look at the src).

Otherwise I think the SLBPATH variable value should be just pasted into
libpath, if the libpath specified by the opening program is NULL.

Anyway, I still miss real, program transparent library scheme.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@atari.org                  |  Atari Falcon030 user   |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.