Re: [MiNT] TZ change?

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Sorry, that doesn't work.  My TZ _is_ set by /etc/rc and still,

All rc files are ran from a subshell, which means it's no use setting
environment variables there unless they're needed in the subshell itself.
They won't exist anymore after the scripts have finished. If you want to
define global environment vars, either set them in mint.cnf, or in the
appropriate shell-rc scripts (so that no shell will be started without
them set).

I think I wrote this before. :-)

Maurits.

| BassMent Productions | Proud sponsor of: |    * P M P * |
| http://www.bassment.demon.nl   *   http://pmp.atari.org |