Re: [MiNT] TZ change?

> > Anyhow, my point is, binaries should change timezone according
> > to the machine on which they're running, not to whoever ported
> > some package and _their_ timezone.
>
> So what? Do you think this is not the case?

Apparently not, otherwise I wouldn't have had applications change
according to another time zone than the one I provide in my RC...

> You can avoid that by passing an appropriate TZ envariable to
> old programs in your startup scripts.

Sorry, that doesn't work.  My TZ _is_ set by /etc/rc and still,
several applications didn't notice the time shift Sunday morning,
while others decided to change the week before.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk