[MiNT] UUCP problem

There is a problem with Taylor UUCP 1.06 and I wonder if someone more
experienced in this could suggest any likely reasons, since I am somewhat
at a loss as to how to debug it.

The trouble is that UUCP seems to work, but after a while OTHER programs
start crashing (UUCP itself still seems to work fine). This usually
happens after a day or two of using UUCP regularly each day.

The other programs when they crash, always do so at the same or similar
address, in this case 12519C2 or 12519C6 by causing an illegal instruction
exception. This is independent of which program crashed or where it was
loaded (in this case sed, rm, bash and less all crashed about 1 minute
apart).

Do the above symptoms suggest anything about what kind of failure is
occuring? What kind of thing might UUCP have overwritten that could cause
these failures?

I have tried to increase the stack size of the UUCP programs up to 512K
which seems like a lot, but that did not help. I guess I should look
through the source code and see if there is some really huge stack usage,
but it is a lot of code...

(The older Taylor UUCP 1.04 from KGMD did not exhibit this problem, but
it failed in a different way ever since MiNT version 1.15.0 or
thereabouts.)

| Mario Becroft           * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group      |
| mb@gem.win.co.nz        * Atari Hardware Developments:                |
| http://gem.win.co.nz/   * NEW: QWERTYX - PC AT Keyboard Interface     |