Re: [MiNT] Tape drives and MiNT

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 05:55:59PM +1300, Mario Becroft wrote:
> be used with this drive somehow? Are there drivers for various tape drives
> or are they all accessed in the same way meaning that only one driver is
> needed for all tape drives?

Basically, yes, as long as you are talking about SCSI tape drives. There may
be some special commands (like to turn on/off compression on DATs), but the
basic commands are all the same - I have used many different tape drives[1]
with the linux tape driver, and I believe that it has no special code for
each.

> The one I have is a Conner model CTD2004H-S//4320NT (according to the
> label) and manufactured in mid-1995.

That's an Archive/Python drive, then, which were later bought by Conner and
then by Seagate.

I do not know about /dev/[n]st* type drivers for MiNT, but Gemar should work
fine with it.

cu
Michael

[1] QIC drives from Tandberg/Archive/..., HP and Sony DAT, Exabyte 8mm
drives, Compaq(Quantum) DLT  - it's amazing that the computer industry is
for once capable of producing devices that are really compatible, and that
snce years now ...
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen